MEET UP events are organised by YOUNG TELFORD to help young people with their business planning, test out ideas and find profitable ways to 'MAKE YOUR OWN JOB'.
These MEET UPS take place FROM 10AM - 3PM in SOUTHWATER ONE every MONDAY
You will receive one to one advice that can include 'finding an idea' as well as compiling your business plan and sales and marketing techniques to acquire your first customers. Plus a time scale for making your business 'live' and information on NEW ENTERPRISE ALLOWANCE if you are unemployed and claiming Job Seekers Allowance (JSA).
Once you have registered you will be provided with a personal timed appointment.
If you need start up finance, VIRGIN START UP provide access to the Government-backed Start Up Loans Fund and we are here to help with the applications. This scheme brings 12 months mentoring alongside the start up loan and powerful connections to the Virgin Group of companies .
iF YOU WOULD LIKE TO RESERVE A SPACE AT THE MEET UP, the tickets are free but registration on this page is essential.
1. THE Idea & The Plan : Test your idea | Research the Market | Have a PLAN we have mentors to help you
2. Naming the business: Buy your Domain URL | Register Twitter Name (they don't have to be the same) but you need to stake out your space in the e-world
3. The Finances : Think about your Pricing | Work out your cash flow |You need to make profit? Do you need a Start Up Loan?
4. Where is your business based? With people around? | Home is fine as long as you can connect with others SOMEWHERE and we have a calendar of events at the Start Up Hub
5. Customers : Who are they? | Find Them they are the lifeblood of your business | There's no such thing as 'SELLING' now, in the new world of commerce you need to create a FAN BASE
6. Marketing & Selling MAKE A NOISE | Your online image is crucial | You also need Business Cards | Get out and about and hand those cards our and get marketing & networking. Know your story and tell it well. STORIES SELL.
7. The Brand YOU ARE YOUR BRAND remember your SOCIAL MEDIA ESSENTIALS - people can find you - make sure you represent your brand well and with integrity. Honesty SELLS.
8. The Set Up : We have a start up pack to help with this. You just need a simple template invoice | Know how to register as a sole trader with HMRC | If you are claiming JSA ask your advisor about New Enterprise Allowance |
9. Money: IF YOU NEED IT: we can help with A START UP LOAN for equipment, a vehicle, stock, web development, marketing, print products and working capital to keep you going until the business makes a profit. Applications for StartUp Loans can be taken for between £500 & £25,000 repayable over 1- 5 years.
10. HELP! The Help really is MORE important than the MONEY. We have self employed business advisors and mentors in all sorts of trades who can help you.
RESERVE YOUR FREE PLACE at the event BY CLICKING THE TAB AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE.
We are working with TELFORD & WREKIN COUNCIL on this special programme for young people and look forward to helping you become self employed and get your business started.
We provide business support services that include StartUp Boot Camps, entrepreneur events, office administrative products and co working services.
We fervently believe that entrepreneurs can be taught and we also believe that support for lone entrepreneurs is vital in helping businesses to grow.
You can 'buy in' the skills and services you need to expand and increase sales.
The skills to start a business or become self-employed are easily acquired and can be life-changing. Not only do local self employed people and entrepreneurs stay local and buy local, they drive the economy and make local areas better places to live and work.
We are the main provider of start-up & business support in the area (providing 35+ training places a month) and are proud to be working with Enterprise Nation as the regional business champion, managing events, networks and member support. We also work with Transmit Start Ups helping with applications by individuals seeking business start up finance through the government funded Start Up Loans Company.
We provide co working local networks for like-minded business people and are priveleged to work with inspiring and highly ambitious business owners.
Join millions of people on Eventbrite.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.