About the workshop
Exploring all things Health and Safety - the need and the benefits
To explore requirements of Health and Safety in the service delivery environment and to explore the how to structure appropriate evidence.
- Identify the need to embed a health and safety culture at all levels
- Explore the health and safety issues that need to be considered when setting policies and procedures in your organisation
- Explore the concept of risk assessment
- Discuss the need for, and the benefits arising from training and development
- Identify how can we evidence health and safety, linking to positive outcomes
Who is the Workshop for?
- Voluntary and community organisations.
- Trustees and Committee Members
- Managers and personnel responsible for ensuring quality and development of services
- Private and Public Sector Partners
- Organisations Undertaking Quality for Health*
- Orgainisations considering undertaking Quality for Health*
On completion of the course, attendees will receive a certificate.
*What is Quality for Health?
Quality For Health is a brand new, innovative, unique, quality assurance system for the VCSE, developed by Voluntary Action Calderdale and endorsed by Calderdale CCG. This is the only quality assurance system in the country designed to support the VCSE to demonstrate the outcomes of their health services through rigorous external assessment. The system measures outcomes-based evidence across three levels and is a vital tool in supporting the VCSE to deliver local health services for local communities.
Quality For Health measures nine quality areas at three levels
Safety and safeguarding
Equality and diversity
Outcomes and impact
If you are interested in Quality for Health and want to find out more, please contact the ConnectWELL Team on 01788 539572 Lorna@wcava.org.uk or Gemma@wcava.org.uk
If you need to cancel.....
Please let us know if you can’t attend as soon as possible. This can be done via Eventbrite (guidance here) or by using the contact details above. It is normally possible to accept someone else attending in your place, but if not, our refund policy is:
Full refund if you cancel two weeks or more before the closing date
Half refund if you cancel less than two weeks before the closing date
No refund if you cancel after the closing date or do not attend on the day
If WCAVA needs to cancel.....
We may need to cancel a course if not enough people have booked onto it by the closing date. We will give you a full refund if we need to cancel.
When & Where
Warwickshire Community and Voluntary Action
Warwickshire CAVA provides the following support to the Voluntary & Community Sector Organisations and groups within Warwickshire:
- Funding advice/Support
- Group support/Development
- Community Development
- Strong Representation under COMPACT
- Community Payroll
Warwickshire CAVA supports volunteers within Rugby and Warwick District. Our Volunteer Centres provide the following:
- Volunteering Recruitment and Referrals
- Campaigning and Promotion
- Good Practice in Volunteer Management
- Youth Volunteering
- Transport Projects