For all businesses who want to find out: What are the options for social networking online? Who can you meet and where? How do you find and gain access to communities that are going to take your business forward, and how can you begin to look at your clients as a community that you can serve online. What tools could I use, and how can I best manage them. How do I keep content fresh and frequent? And the vital final question, do I start my own online community, or just use other peoples communities to grow my business - and what's the etiquette involved?
What the course will cover:
- Examining Communities - where are your clients online?
- Facebook - pages, profiles, groups and events
- LinkedIn - groups and events
- Twitter and community applications
- WordPress as a community: BuddyPress and other membership plugins
- Gaining access to public sector and other industry forums
- The purpose of community in sales, marketing and service
- Reach Further's COHESION model of online communities - planning to succeed
- Roles within a community - including harnessing volunteers
- Defining your social media marketing plan
“Liz delivered a focused and powerful session which has enabled us to get our social media strategy off the ground. These tools have become an important channel for distributing corporate communications, monitoring the marketplace and extending reach.” Jamie.
Please remember to bring your own laptop
Reach Further brings people together online to share, to work and to learn in online communities and social networks.
We help organisations & individuals make the most of the social web through training courses, consultancy, & social media strategy creation & delivery.
We are interested in ensuring that you have the skills, knowledge, and attitude in your own team to make social media work for you. Whether that's a Community of Practice to share specialist knowledge, or a social networking strategy to engage people online.
We empower you to reach further online and in business.