Big Lottery Fund and The Department for Culture Media and Sport recently announced the launch of the Youth Investment Fund. The fund aims to create positive outcomes for young people by providing funding for youth organisations to deliver, expand and create high quality youth provision in targeted areas including Tees Valley.
Key programme eligibility criteria mean this fund is targeted at medium sized, youth focussed organisations. To be eligible for a Youth Investment Fund grant organisations must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Voluntary Community and Social Enterprise Sector organisation
- Have an annual income of between £300,000 - £2m*
- At least 75% of the organisation’s beneficiaries are young people (We define young people as those aged 10-18 years or up to 25 years for those with disabilities or special educational needs)
- Organisations must have an evidenced track record in delivering front line services with and for young people
- Organisations should be able to demonstrate strong links to the community they intend to support
- Organisations should have at least three unrelated people on their governing body
This event will offer you an opportunity to discuss and answer any questions you may have about Youth Investment Fund. *This is also an opportunity for those who fall just outside the eligibility criteria to discuss and explore potential collaboration working with an eligible lead partner.
Please note that only one person per organisation may attend the session.
If you are unable to attend the event you are still more than welcome to contact the fund so we can discuss your project and answer any questions you may have. Our Big Advice Team is available on 0345 4 10 20 30 and details of your local funding officer can be found in the application materials available on our website.
More details on the funding can be found on the Big Lottery Fund website HERE.