Actions and Detail Panel
Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA) Lite Course 3hr
Thu 13 April 2017, 13:30 – 16:30 BST
What will I learn?
Youth MHFA Lite is an introductory three hour awareness course offering an overview of young people’s mental health and mental health issues.
On a Youth MHFA Lite course you will:
- Gain an understanding of some of the common mental health issues affecting young people, including depression, anxiety, eating disorders and psychosis
- Learn to work more effectively with young people living with mental health issues
- Identify stigma and discrimination surrounding mental health issues
- Learn ways to support young people with a mental health issue and relate to their experiences
- Experience a taste of the contents of the two day Youth MHFA course.
How will I learn?
The three hour session will be a mix of presentations, group interaction, and activities. Due to some of the sensitive subjects of our courses numbers are limited to 25 people per course. I want everyone to feel safe and I can help if people find some parts particularly difficult.
You’ll receive a Youth MHFA Lite manual that you can take away with you at the end of the course and a certificate from MHFA England.
Who can attend the course?
The course is for everyone and is relevant for people who teach, work, live with and care for 8 to 18 year olds, including young people themselves, although parental consent is required below the age of 16.
Find out what people have said about the mhfa training. see https://mhfaengland.org/who-is-it-for/
For More information regarding Youth MHFA ( mental health first aid) visit www.mhfaengland.org
N.B There will be a minimum attendence of 8 for this event. if the minimum number is not achieved then the organiser will reserve the right to cancel the course and all payments will be refunded.