Youth MHFA Lite is an introductory course designed to raise awareness of young people’s mental health and the issues that can affect this age group. It is not intended to replace our two day Youth MHFA training course but is a good introduction to those interested in young people’s mental health.
Who is it for?
Anyone who teaches, works, lives with or cares for young people, including young people themselves from age 16 upward.
What will I learn?
Our Youth MHFA Lite instructors deliver training that enables you to:
- Gain a wider understanding of some issues surrounding young people’s mental health
- Interact more effectively with young people who are experiencing mental health issues
- Get an insight into the full two day Youth MHFA course and the benefits of becoming a Youth Mental Health First Aider.
How will it help?
The course will:
- Explore the issues around young people’s mental health and how to relate to them
- Help you to support young people who may be experiencing mental health issues.