Established in 2009, we at LCS are dedicated to a ’working in partnership’ ethic, providing a service to our clients aimed at educating them to understand about Legionella bacteria, the prevention of the disease and how to comply with strict government guidance.
We have developed our own Legionella Risk Assessment in accordance with ACoP L8, designed to be simple to follow, informative and easy to understand whilst containing all relevant technical information. Risk ratings are assigned to each of the water systems identified during the survey and presented in such a way that our clients can clearly understand the current status and then extract the key information to prioritise any corrective actions.
In addition each survey report utilises a traffic light system to highlight areas of concern and relevant details for the implementation of a control scheme. These reports also include full detailed photographic evidence of the water systems which is both a relevant and useful reference point.
Our team are also able to complete in-depth surveys in line with the water supply and fittings regulations and we have tailored a report specific to the Water Regulations for both Supply and Fittings to ensure that all associated plant etc., are compliant with all relevant specifications.
Our advice and guidance documents are produced in accordance with:
· ACop L8 2001
· BS8580 Water Quality - Risk Assessments for Legionella Control - Code of Practice
· Water Supply (Water Quality) Regulations 2000
· Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
· Health and Safety Work Act 1974
· Private Water Supply Regulations 1991
Each of our consultants are fully conversant with all documentation and are qualified having attained at least City & Guilds in Risk Assessment and Water Regulations to support experience gained as plumbers and/ or engineers.
Legionella Consultancy Services only employ qualified and experienced personnel to carry out any remedial works and/or water system upgrades of which may have been recommended within our Risk Assessments or by any third party.
Our qualified teams work with our clients to ensure that our recommendations are aligned to strategic schedules and specified budgets as well as realistic time scales. This approach ensures that any major works will be prioritised allowing for any urgent actions to be taken at the earliest opportunity with a time led structure to ensure that additional tasks are prioritised accordingly.
· Typical upgrade / remedial works which are commonly undertaken are:
· Replacement of Cold Water Storage Tanks (CWST's)
· Insulation of system pipe work and plant equipment
· Tank replacement or upgrade to existing cold water tanks to meet Water Supply Regulations as follows:
Installation of CWST Rodent/Insect Screens
CWST Air Vents
CWST Re-lining and Coating
· Removal of existing pipe work dead legs or infrequently used outlets and equipment
· Water system conversion or system re-design
Our full water hygiene packages reduce costs by allowing multiple tasks to be completed by our highly skilled personnel.
As part of our 'working in partnership philosophy' we schedule any such programmes in line with our clients' best interest whilst fulfilling any compliance obligations as stipulated by the relevant guidance.