Urban Camping is an emerging trend and global phenomena, more and more people and families are opting to spend a night or two, outdoors in the urban environment. There are various reasons that people would choose urban camping, save travel time, save money by combining with a city break and of course for the unique experience that urban camping provides. Urban Camping does not necessarily involve a tent, sleeping bag or other equipment, however Million Stars, the leader in urban camping UK, does provide all the equipment that you need for a safe and comfortable stay at one of our secret pop up camp sites.
Million Stars provides a unique urban camping experience delivered at secret locations, around the North West. Urban camping also enables our guests access to some of the tourist attractions that urban ‘city’ locations has to offer. Million Stars brings the activities traditionally associated with rural locations to an urban setting for mini camping festivals, consisting of 1-5 nights, furthermore ALL of our camps are Autism Friendly!
We are camping specialists and deliver themed camps, at weekends, all year around. You can expect a mini festival atmosphere, where possible we’ll have an outdoor BBQ, camp fires and a large communal tepee, large dome ‘circus’ tent, marquee or building to access in the evenings or if the weather is typically 'British'. Million Stars is camping but not as you know it!
Here at MILLION STARS the sky really is the limit!
2. About Bang the Drum CIC (founders of Million Stars) Company No 9925126
Million Stars is the brand name for all camping activities delivered by Bang the Drum CIC
Bang the Drum (Environmental Solutions) CIC is a not for profit, environmentally focused social enterprise, conducting business for community benefit and not purely for personal advantage. Bang the Drum aims to address social need in urban areas where there is a lack of opportunity to positively engage with nature. We support disengaged young people and families to develop respect for, and knowledge of, their local environment. Profits are reinvested to deliver outdoor education programmes in areas of high deprivation, using the environment to tackle social need. Bang the Drum’s mission is ‘to change the way the environment is perceived’ and is led by Social Entrepreneur and former Social Housing Professional, Julie Anne Parker
Following the introduction of the Social Value Act 2012 it has never been more important to demonstrate the wider social, economic and environmental impact generated by your organisation.
Bang the Drum (Environmental Solutions) CIC operates as a not for profit organisation. We trade to tackle social problems and strive to improve communities and people’s life chances and, of course, reduce environmental impact. We reinvest our profits to benefit people in social need. When we make profit, society profits too.
Quite simply, every ticket sold for our Million Stars camps, enables us to reinvest into areas where social need exists and allows us to create life changing opportunities for people in need.
3.a Why Invest in a Social Enterprise?
• 41% of social enterprises created jobs in the past 12 months compared to 22% of SMEs.
• 59% of social enterprises emloy at least one person who is disadvantaged in the labour market. For 16% of social enterprises, this group forms at least half of all employees
• 49% of all social enterprises are five years old or less. 35% are three years old or less – more than three times the proportion of SME start-ups. In terms of new business formation in the UK, Social Enterprise is where it’s at!
•Increase the wealth of families in poverty by creating opportunities to improve financial gain underpinned by entrepreneurial ability. Investing in community led environmental regeneration in areas of high deprivation including community makeovers, in bloom initiatives and conservation
• Generate employment opportunities or equip people with employability skills to maximise their ability to secure sustainable employment. Including ex-offenders, homeless and unemployed
• Increase the wealth of families in poverty by creating opportunities to improve financial gain underpinned by entrepreneurial ability
• Investing in community led environmental regeneration in areas of high deprivation including community makeovers, in bloom initiatives and conservation
Shop Local, Buy Social and make your pound go further by helping us to reinvest and create life changing opportunities
Call: 0333 323 0967
And hear us on Sandgrounder Radio: online, via the app and on DAB