Catalysing Change: Sound Connections Challenging Circumstances Music Network Conference
Tuesday 29 November 2016
10.00am - 4.00pm
Amnesty International UK, Human Rights Action Centre
We’re delighted to launch this year's Sound Connections Challenging Circumstances Music Network Conference: Catalysing Change taking place at Amnesty International Human Rights Action Centre on Tuesday 29 November 2016.
In recent years excellent research has been undertaken in the field of music in challenging circumstances, we have more knowledge and intelligence than ever before, and in London we have a wide range of challenging circumstances expertise. Nonetheless equitable provision is still an aspiration not a reality.
We’ve called this year's Challenging Circumstances Music Network conference Catalysing Change because all of us, whether young people, practitioners, project managers and representatives of music organisations, academics, researchers, teachers and funders, can be a catalyst for change in our work.
At this year's conference we ask:
- What does social need in London look like in 2016? What challenges are young Londoners facing?
- How do we identify musical 'cold spots' and create opportunities to fill these gaps?
- What will it take for every child and young person to have access to high quality, sustained music opportunities?
- How can we all catalyse change?
What will you take away from the day?
- Knowledge about which young people (and where) need most support
- Knowledge about the challenges young people are facing in 2016 and how to be a part of addressing these
- Increase your ability to make the case for your work
- Increase your reach and impact
- Make new connections
- Be inspired by presentations on social justice
Full day tickets are £85, half day tickets at £50 – if you can’t attend the whole day you can select if you would prefer to attend the morning or the afternoon session when booking online.
To download our full booking Terms and Conditions, please click here.