Beginners dressmaking- Simple sleeveless shell top
- Learn how to measure yourself and choose the correct pattern size
- Adapt the pattern to suit your measurements
- Get to grips with laying out pattern pieces onto fabric
- Learn how to sew in side bust darts
- Discover how to sew an easy all in one neck and armhole facing
- Finish of your top with a classic narrow hem. The top has options for a high low hem, or a straight hemline
Time: 11 am – 3 pm. weekends, 6.30- 10 pm on a weeknight. Arrive early for a cuppa, as session starts promptly
Materials required: All tools and pattern are included – just bring 1.6m of fabric suitable for a summer top!
Refreshments: Unlimited tea, coffee and biscuits provided. Bring a sandwich if coming on a sunday, as we will stop for a quick bite!
Save This Event
When & Where
The Thrifty Stitcher Studio
Unit 21, 4-6 Shelford Place
N16 9HS London
The Thrifty Stitcher
Claire-Louise Hardie is the Sewing Producer to "The Great British Sewing Bee" and Author of "The Great British Sewing Bee- Fashion with Fabric" She's also a professional Costumier and Guest presenter on Create and Craft TV. We offer small sized, friendly sewing classes and courses in Stoke Newington North London.
Our mission is to de-mystify the art of sewing and clothes making, showing you just how easy and fun it can be. We offer a range of contemporary sewing classes, suitable for adults at all levels. Fitting is our passion, and we love to helping students make clothes that fit.
Come and be inspired at our lovely working studio, and leave with a passion for sewing