San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
To explore the experience of bereaved teenagers and identify ways to provide appropriate support
• to explore the world of the teenager and develop a deeper understanding of the struggles teenagers face
• to gain an understanding of the theories of loss and mourning in relation to teenagers
• to recognise the diverse needs of bereaved teenagers
• to explore our own experiences of loss and how it impacts on us when we observe the grief of others
• to identify ways to encourage emotional literacy in adolescents
• to gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and
Who Should Attend?
For all professionals who come into contact with bereaved teenagers in the course of their work, whether in the statutory or voluntary sector
"This workshop has improved my knowledge on teenagers’ reactions and it’s given me more confidence to support them. A very informative, interactive day”
(Fees for participants include course materials, CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch) - £120
When & Where
Child Bereavement UK
Child Bereavement UK is the UK’s leading charity that supports families and educates professionals both when a child dies and when a child is bereaved. Currently the charity trains around 5,000 professionals each year across health care, social care, education, the emergency services and the voluntary sector. It also provides a national support and information service, award-winning resources, an interactive website with an online forum for bereaved families, and Buckinghamshire-based family bereavement support.