The UK has an incredible variety of unique, unusual and amazing venues to offer, matching the diversity of landscapes, pursuits, culture and history of our fair shores! Here’s a selection of some of the finest we’ve found that will cater to almost any taste, size and shape of event you’d wish to host. You can find more peer-recommended venues over on event industry forum EventTribe.
1. For history buffs – The Natural History Museum (London, England) @NHMevents
From the informal and intimate to the creative and spectacular, the Museum has a wide range of spaces whether you’re planning a wedding, private party or corporate event.
They have been running events for corporate and private clients, charities and associations for over 25 years.
With around 140 functions hosted at the Museum each year, they have the experience and expertise to create the perfect event whatever the occasion.
2. For a quintessentially British experience – Lords (London, England) @homeofcricket
From the grandeur of the Long Room in the Grade II listed Pavilion, to the modernity and style of the J.P. Morgan Media Centre; They have the venue for any event you’re looking to host.
They even have a list of different packages, showing exactly what they can do depending on the type of event you are hosting.
3. For a spooky experience – Tutbury Castle (Staffordshire, England) @TutburyCastle
The castle offers use of the Great Hall as well as use of their large heated marquee which comfortably seats 120 for dinner and 180 theatre style. It’s also possible to have exclusive use of the castle and grounds at £1000 per day.
4. For an intimate gathering – The Lodge Tree House (Argyll, Scotland) @lodgeonlochgoil
A memorable event begins with a memorable location and the lodge treehouse is as special venue.
This enchanting treehouse sets the perfect scene for a unique event and private dining experience. You’ll definitely be stimulating people’s imagination with this venue.
5. For an industrial setting – Battersea Power Station (London, England) @BatterseaPwrStn
The Boiler House at Battersea Power Station has been specifically renovated to host events for up to 1000 standing guests or 500 seated guests.
With ample of space and breathtaking views, the historical Battersea Power Station is perfect for functions, parties, exhibitions and private-hire events in London.
6. For great contemporary design – The Aviator by TAG (Surrey, England) @aviatorbytag
One of the most striking design hotels of recent times, Aviator, a hotel by TAG is one of Hampshire’s leading venues, providing a versatile selection of stylish private event and conference spaces, guaranteed to leave a last impression.
7. For a unique subterranean experience – Carnglaze Caverns (Cornwall, England)
Ever thought about hiring a cavern for an event? Well you can at Carnglaze Caverns. whether you are looking to host a conference of a concert, the caverns provide a unique, atmospheric venue, that won’t be soon forgotten by your attendees.
8. For massive events, the largest exhibition space in the UK – The National Exhibition Centre (Birmingham, England) @thenecgroup
The NEC hosts exhibitions, business meetings, conferences, seminars and live events in Birmingham. Their facilities are highly flexible, so no event is too big or too small. And when we say big we mean it can hold up to 10,000 attendees which are comfortably air conditioned, in a space that offers natural daylight for the most enjoyable experience possible.
9. For great outdoor activities – Crazy Bear Stadhampton (Oxfordshire, England) @CrazyBearGroup
Offering private meetings and conferences for 3 to 250 delegates, there are different options for day delegates or for those spending the night, but the most exciting part, is the option to include outdoor pursuits to complement your private event. These include clay shooting, falconry, axe throwing and many other unique activities.
10. For literally the coolest gathering – The Ice Bar (London, England) @IceBar_London
The Ice Bar London offers a truly unique experience unlike any other in the UK.
Everything in the bar is built with pure ice – from the walls and stools to the artwork. Even the ‘glasses’ in which the ice cocktails are served are made of ice, literally ‘on the rocks’. The ice is from the Torne River in Sweden, which is known for its unique purity and is harvested at the ICEHOTEL in Jukkasjärvi every year.
11. For one of the most environmentally friendly venues in the UK – The Drum at Wembley (London, England)
The venue options at The Drum at Wembley are endless. From their stunning Conference Hall, to The Atrium, each space offers something different, but all have their own character to compliment any event.
12. For amazing urban views – The Shard (London, England) @TheShardLondon
A unique venue for London, The View from The Shard is a perfect location for a wide range of exclusive breakfast and evening events for up to 400 guests. The space is also available to smaller groups for very special private seated dinners.
13. For a taste of royal extravagance – Royal Pavilion (Brighton, England) @BrightonMuseums
The Royal Pavilion offers a stunning backdrop for corporate events. The magnificent state rooms provide a spectacular setting for drinks receptions, lavish dinners, award ceremonies and so much more while two charming rooms are available for both day and evening events.
14. For an awesome Scottish Venue – The Signet Library (Edinburgh, Scotland) @hplevents
The Signet Library offers flexible business spaces and first class facilities in a unique and historic Edinburgh setting. It is an ideal Edinburgh city centre venue for conferences for up to 300 delegates.
15. For an awesome Welsh Venue – Chateau Rhianfa (Anglesey, Wales) @amazing_venues
This luxury events venue in the heart of North Wales isn’t your average country house hotel. The building itself is like something out of a fairy tale, with the grounds to match. This venue combines fairytale charm with modern luxury, offering your attendees an amazing experience.
16. For a remote location – Cabarfeidh Hotel (Stornoway, Scotland)
From a theatre space to seat 350, to a simple meeting over a pot of coffee, Stornoway’s Cabarfeidh Hotel has a complete range of business meeting rooms. So if you’re hosting an exhibition, a conference, or a trade-show, this is a great venue to host your event at.
17. For a great castle setting – Allerton Castle (Harrogate, England) @dinevenues
Set in 6 acres of stunning Yorkshire countryside, this 18th century, grade I listed fairytale castle will take your breath away. Whether your hosting an event in their historic Great Hall, or use the dramatic rooms for your corporate event, Allerton Castle’s impressive gothic styling will make any occasion simply perfect.
18. For those who need to play golf – Woodhall Spa & Golf Centre (Lincolnshire, England) @woodhallspagolf
Woodhall Spa is the perfect venue for your business conference, event, or private party, set in the attractive, woodland surroundings of the National Golf Centre.
The venue’s Conference Centre can seat up to 180 people, with a highly experienced team on hand to help manage any large-scale business events and gala dinners, helping you to enjoy the day and make your event a success.
19. For beautiful views of the countryside – Holbeck Ghyll (Cumbria, England) @HolbeckGhyll
The captivating view of the Cetral Fells and Lake Windermere has been voted as one of the top 15 views in the world. Combine this with the style and comfort at Holbeck Ghyll, and you’ve got yourself one amazing venue.
20. For incredible food – Gleneagles Hotel (Perthshire, Scotland) @gleneagleshotel
Not only will you have access to amazing function rooms, delicious food options, and mesmerising views, Gleneagles offers a choice of over 20 outdoor and indoor activities – including culinary demonstrations; whisky tasting and indulgent spa experiences, all within thier magnificent 850 acre estate.
21. For that extra pampering – Chewton Glen (New Forest, England) @chewtonglen
Winner of the Conde Nast Traveller Readers’ Travel Awards for Best UK Holiday Hotel 2016, you know Chewton Glen must be doing something right. Not only can use one of their selection of rooms for meetings or events, you can make use of the amazing facilities of their award winning spa.
Once you’ve found the right venue for your event, make sure to get your free site inspection checklist!