Actions and Detail Panel
Changing Faces Study Day
Thu 30 March 2017, 09:00 – 17:00 BST
Training for Health Care Professionals
Gain an understanding of the psychological and social effects of disfigurement and the impact on patients. Participants will:
- Discover the myths and misconceptions around disfigurement and their impact on patients and their families
- Recognise factors that might predict ‘adjustment’
- Discuss perceptions of 'severity'
- Identify interventions and approaches to support patients and their families
- Learn how Changing Faces can help you, your patients and their families
During the second part of the course, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Understand the importance of assessing a patient’s information needs
- Develop processes to discuss coping strategies
- Practise specific techniques that patients and their families can be supported to adopt in managing social interactions
- Plan for integrating new techniques into work with patients
Please contact Henrietta Spalding at Changing Faces. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0345 450 0275.