This four day Comprehensive ABA Tutor Training Course shall provide intensive theoretical and practical training aimed at skilling each candidate to be able to work as an ABA Tutor on both home, nursery and school based programmes. The training course will involve a mix of theory training with handouts, video’s, role-play activities and curriculum overviews. On the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday there shall be a child present as part of the hands on training. Specific programmes shall be modeled with each child by one of the ABA Consultants. Each candidate will then be given specific targets to demonstrate within the practical exercise. Feedback and coaching shall be given and a competency framework test shall be used to score the practical experience and provide constructive feedback. As part of the course, candidates will need to pass a theory test, based on the theoretical training delivered in the workshops and also will have coursework to complete as part of the course.
Specific Focus Areas:
- Ø Co-operation and reducing behaviour that challenges
- Ø Positive reinforcement and motivation
- Ø Increasing functional communication (speech, sign and augmentative communication devices)
- Ø Natural Environment Teaching
- Ø Discrete Trial Teaching
- Ø Prompting and prompt fading
- Ø Errorless learning and error correction procedures
- Ø A range of Early Learner & Intermediate Skills (including; receptive language targets, expressive language targets, intraverbal, play skills, visual performance, joint attention and imitation skills.
- Ø Support within the mainstream classroom (token boards, academics, social skills, attending & independent skills)
- Delegates must have some experience in working with children with Autistic Spectrum Condition or related disorders.
- Early Years Experience is advantageous.
- Experience of ABA (theory & practical) is advantageous but not necessary.
- The course must consist of a minimum of 2 delegates and no more that 4 delegates.
The course shall be ran from Monday 9th January until Thursday 12th January at Autism Fledglings Therapy Space, Resolven Building Blocks Children Centre, Resolven, Neath. Registration starts at 9am each morning and the course will start promptly at 9:15 each morning. Each day shall finish between 3pm and 3:30pm. The course shall be ran by Kerry Farrell (BCBA) & Dr. Lynsey Herdman. Collectively, Kerry and Lynsey have over 24 years experience of implementing ABA based strategies for children with ASC. They have hosted Theory Training courses on Challenging Behaviour, Teaching Early Learner Skills, Teaching Play Skills, School Shadow Support, Teaching Intermediate Learner Skills & Behaviour Support for people with High Functioning ASC. Kerry and Lynsey run both home and school based ABA programmes across the United Kingdom and specialize in using the Verbal Behaviour Approach to teaching functional communication and a range of developmental skill sets.
Cancellation must be confirmed in writing by the 1st of November 2016. If cancellation is made before the 1st of November a full refund shall be made. After this date, no refund shall be made to the candidate.
The cost is £1445 per person. This includes lunch & refreshments, hand-outs and materials.
Lunch & Breaks
Buffet lunch, tea/coffee and biscuits will be provided as part of the course entry fee. Please contact Kerry at Kerry.firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any specific dietary requirements that we can cater for.