Transparency International (TI) is the world’s leading non-governmental anti-corruption organisation. With more than 100 chapters worldwide, TI has extensive global expertise and understanding of corruption. Transparency International UK (TI-UK) works in the UK and overseas to challenge corruption within politics, public institutions, and the private sector, and campaign to prevent the UK acting as a safe haven for corrupt capital.
TI-UK’s Corruption Beginner’s Guide is a free course delivered every year by some of the best anti-corruption fighters in the UK. The programme includes a mix of theory and practical learnings covering both corruption in the UK and overseas:
Part 1 – Our in-house experts will give you an overview of TI’s mission and achievements across various sectors through a series of short lively presentations delivered by:
- Robert Barrington, Executive Director, TI-UK
- Sophie Peresson, Director of Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals Programme, TI
- Michael Petkov, Programme Officer, Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals Programme, TI
- Hilary Hurd, Research & Advocacy Officer, Defence & Security Programme, TI
- Karolina MacLachlan, Research & Policy Officer, Defence & Security Programme, TI
Part 2 – Your turn! Choose a hands-one workshop to learn about:
- 'Advocacy: A Driver for Change' with Rachel Davies, Senior Advocacy Manager, TI-UK
- 'Using Data in research, Theory & Practice' with Steve Goodrich, Senior Researcher, UK Advocacy & Research, TI-UK (note that you will need to bring your laptop if you want to attend this workshop)
- 'Ethical Decision-making', with Peter van Veen, Director of Business Integrity Programme, TI-UK
For more information on the course, including on the workshops, please visit our website.
Places are limited so reserve your place for a workshop now by clicking on the REGISTER button above.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.