Actions and Detail Panel
Data Galore: Getting Access and Ethics Right!
Mon 10 April 2017, 13:00 – 18:00 BST
Careers Network Workshop "Data Galore: Getting Access and Ethics Right! "
Are you looking for new avenues for research? Do you want to look at your research from a new perspective? Do you want to develop new analytical methods and answer research questions?
Join us to hear about new insights gained from analysing data generated by humans (e.g. health, education, transport, consumer…) and how you can gain access to 8000+ data sets!
This is your opportunity to:
- Hear about research insights gained from data analysis of human generated data
- Gain insights into ongoing policy discussions about data governace
- Find out how to access 8000+ data sets that are available to use in your research
- Learn about the support available within UCL to help you to access data, and navigate data governance and ethics challenges
- Network with likeminded researchers and relevant professional services teams from UCL.
Hear about research from:
- Professor Sheila M. Bird from the MRC Biostatistics Unit, Cambridge.
- Prof Paul Longley (UCL Geography/CDRC dataset),
- Dr Arturo Gonzalez-Izquierdo (UCL Health Informatics, CALIBER dataset),
- Various datasets in the minute madness session....
Find out about the:
- DataSafeHaven: a solution for storing, handling and analysing identifiable data, ISO27001 certified
- Jill Dando Institute Research Laboratory: a Police Assured Secure Facility for the storage of confidential data,