Tech London Advocates is returning to Here East on Thursday 6th October for Diversity in Tech.
The world increasingly looks to London as a global technology hub and a crucible for billion-dollar tech companies. However, technology should offer a future for everyone, but the industry is failing to put digital opportunities in the hands of all Londoners.
We have confirmed an excellent list of tech experts for a fast-paced exploration of the challenges our industry faces in representing the diversity of London's population and the vast potential under-represented groups hold for the capital's fastest growing technology companies. We are excited to reveal the list of speakers confirmed below.
We will focus on three key themes:
- The Business Case for Diversity
- The International Community
- Home-grown Talent
The afternoon will be rounded off with a networking session, complete with drinks and canapes, where our partners will showcase some of the excellent initiatives already addressing diversity in the capital.
Ahead of the event we would be very grateful if you would take one minute to complete the survey here.
We look forward to welcoming you to Here East on 6th October!
DIVERSITY IN TECH
Date: Thursday 6th October
Time: 4pm – 7pm
Location: Here East - London, E20 2ST
Confirmed speakers so far include (with more to follow):
- Aftab Malhorta, TLA India, GrowthEnabler
- Amali de Alwis, Code First: Girls
- Andrea Bertone, Monster
- Baroness Lane Fox, The Open University, Doteveryone
- Claire Cockerton, ENTIQ
- Diane Perlman, Mass Challenge
- Elena Corchero, Lost Values Creative
- Gavin Poole, Here East
- Gi Fernando, FreeFormers
- Gloria Dada, Diverse Leaders Network
- John Zai, Cocoon Networks (via video)
- Lannie Medina, Tech Bay Area Advocates (via video)
- Maggie Philbin, TeenTech, Institute of Engineering Designers
- Oli Barrett, Start Up Britain
- Rafael dos Santos, mi-Hub
- Rajesh Agrawal, Deputy Mayor for Business
- Rioch Edwards-Brown, So You Wanna Be in Tech?
- Ruben Kustucki, Makers Academy
- Sarah Luxford, TLA Women in Tech, Nexec Leaders
- Sherry Coutu, Scale Up Institute, Founders4Schools, SVC2uk, London Stock Exchange
- Tom Yoritaka, Cisco