Actions and Detail Panel
DVLA - GOV.UK Verify Discovery on Parking Permitting and Taxi Licensing Ser...
Fri 15 July 2016, 09:30 – 16:30 BST
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
This event, run in partnership by the Government Digital Service and DVLA, and supported by the Local Digital Coalition, will examine how local authority taxi licensing and parking permitting services might be improved using GOV.UK Verify and DVLA platform services. The event will build on discovery work already done by DCLG, DVLA and GDS, which ranked these local services as high priorities for improved eligibility checking. To enable as many local authority staff as possible attend, we will run the event in Bristol on July 27th.
The event will map how local authorities currently administer parking permits and taxi licensing services, both offline and online, from end to end, in order to understand:
- how councils currently collect citizens’ application information, and the minimum data that needs to be collected about applicants to complete each transaction
- the average time and cost of business processes
- the components needed in an end-to-end digital service (eg identity authentication, taking payments, address authentication)
- key next steps and objectives of a pilot to improve these services using GDS and DVLA services
Please note: This event is for public sector employees only, including:
- local authority web, IT, or Digital teams
- parking and licensing policy teams
- customer services teams
- business transformation teams
- Local Digital Coalition members
Registration opens at 9:30am. The event will commence at 10.00am.