San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Dynamo North East, in partnership with Think Physics are hosting this careers event to answer your questions about IT.
Did you know….
There are currently over 2,000 vacancies within IT organisations in the North East?
There are 32,000 people employed in IT within the North East?
IT apprenticeships are available now within the North East for 16-19yr olds
In the North East IT jobs include IT include gaming, coding, designing government IT systems and more?
Why you should attend?
- Opportunity to meet with people supporting curriculum development and delivery who you might not otherwise have the chance to meet
- Learn more about the North East’s IT & Tech network – the profile of career opportunities
- Increase understanding of what an IT or Tech job entails
- Opportunity for schools and advisors to share ideas and ask questions around engaging more with the sector
- Meet local IT & Tech employers and employees
- Take away free resources to help with in class teaching & guidance for students
There will also be lots of opportunity to network and chat to those working in the IT industry.
Employer Zone Includes:
NCL Digital Skills
School of Computing
First Face to Face
4.00pm Tea & Coffee – Ice breaker
4.30pm Introduction - Bob Paton of Accenture
Welcome - Emma Garrick of Think Physics
Introduction on jobs, skills and companies in the North East – Graham Jordan
Lightning Talk “Level Up programme” – First Face to Face
5.00pm Activities – Demonstration workshops, What is used in the classroom and how it supports
6.15pm Round up - Bob Paton and Professer Rebecca Strachan
When & Where
Dynamo North East
Dynamo is the North East of England, industry led initiative to focus on the growth of our sector. We have four streams of activity:
- Be a focal point for regional IT growth
- Promote our region externally
- Develop skills and education
- Support regional research and development