Actions and Detail Panel
Sat 22 October 2016, 11:00 – 17:00 BST
InitGame(2016); The Games Industry Insider Event
Venue: Wrexham Glyndwr University - Nick Whitehead Theatre.
Supported by BAFTA Cymru, Games Wales (North) and the British Computing Society (BCS), InitGame(2016); is aimed at giving new company start-ups, SMEs, recent graduates and current students some insight into the various elements of the games industry through a series of lectures delivered by industry representatives.
Industry guests range from single-person developers, through to indie & mobile companies, and AAA studios. This year's line up is as follows:
- Llio Wyn from BAFTA Cymru (Introduction to BAFTA and its support of the games and media industry)
- Chris Payne & Ralph Ferneyhough of Quantum Soup (Starting a Game Studio: A Beginners Guide)
- Gareth Cavanagh of Iron Town Interactive (Former Lead Animator at Oyster World, Animation - Next Gen Skills for Next Gen Games)
- Toby Niesser & Martin Moss of Vivid Virtual Reality (Digitally Recreating Heritage Sites for VR)
- Ian Thomas of Frictional Games & TaleSpinners (Developer of Hit PS4 Game SOMA)
- Anton Faulconbridge of RantMedia Games (BAFTA Cymru Best Game 2016 Winner)
- Dafydd John & Philippe Valensa of Turtle Games (Video Presentation - From Project to ProtoPlay: Reaching a Major Games Design Comp Final)
- Judith Alexander of the Glyndwr Enterprise Lounge, Zone & Careers Centre
The event will close with an open Q&A/Tips session on CVs and Interview tips along with general advice on getting into the industry.