INTRODUCTION TO LEAN
Basic Overview of Lean Concepts for Manufacturing and Service
This one-day course is a highly interactive workshop that introduces the principles of lean. It has been designed for individuals and teams that want to gain a better understanding of the components, and underlying philosophy of lean, and how the elements and philosophy of lean work together to create a Lean Enterprise. A Lean operation produces just what is needed, when it is needed, at the lowest cost.
To achieve this, organisations need to learn the skills necessary to apply Lean techniques to examine their business processes. Having done this, they then focus on reducing waste, improving process efficiency, adding value to the product or service, and improving customer satisfaction.
This workshop therefore is a useful first step in implementing a successful and sustainable lean culture. It will equip teams with tools to identify problem areas, increase productivity, simplify processes, standardize processes, leading to reduced costs, better quality and greater customer satisfaction.
BENEFITS OF WORKSHOP
Upon completion of this workshop, delegates should be able to understand the principles of Lean and their benefits, identify customer value, recognise waste in your process, and reduce or eliminate it.
They will also be able to identify areas for improvement and suggest solutions, and understand how a team based approach to change can achieve sustainable results.
- A Brief History of Lean
- The 5 Lean Principles:
- Identify Value – What the Customer Really Wants
- Identify the Value Streams – What Steps add Value in your Process
- Identify Flow – Make Value-Creating Steps Flow
- Let the Customer Pull Value from the Service or Product Flow
- Pursue Continuous Improvement as a Culture
- The Seven Wastes – How to Identify and Eliminate them
- Basic Lean Tools:
- Tools to Optimize Flow
- Tools to Improve Productivity
- Key Problem Solving Tools
- Continuous Improvement Culture – How to Sustain Lean in your Organization
Have questions about Introduction to Lean Open Workshop?
Contact Centre for Competitiveness