iPad in the KS3 Music Classroom
This hands-on course will give participants will gain a fundamental understanding of how the iPad impacts learning and teaching in the music classroom, progression from Year 8 to Year 10 and will explore/combine the elements of music (pitch, rhythm, dynamics, timbre, texture). The course will look at both content based apps like Orchestra, MSO and GarageBand, as well as dealing with composition, improvisation and performance with core apps for daily teaching, with workflow and sharing completing the day.
- Understand how to use the iPad in the Music classroom and develop progression from Years 8 - 10
- Be able to use the both content specific apps with core apps for composition and performance
- Understand workflow and sharing for the enhancement of teaching and learning in the classroom
- An iPad running the latest iOS 8 Software with all apps outlined in the iTunes U course downloaded, including the smart instruments in-app purchase for GarageBand.
- Registration - 9:30am
- Course times - 10:00am - 3:30pm