Those of us who support children and young people who hear distressing or difficult voices are constantly developing, finding new ways to approach voice-hearing with young people and support them towards their self-defined recovery.
Each young person and family is unique - one size does not fit all.
About This Workshop
This workshop builds on the principles explored in our Level 2 ‘Supporting Children & Young People who Hear Voices’ workshop or our Voice Collective Group Facilitation Training.
Using examples drawn from attendee’s prior experience of working with young voice-hearers, the workshop explores the following topics:
- Developing trust and therapeutic relationships with young people who may not trust easily
- Understanding ‘taboo voices’ (voices that talk about things the young person - and society - find very difficult, including violence & sexuality)
- Finding safe ways of talking about voices and visions with young people in distress Working with different, and often conflicting, perspectives on a young person’s experiences
- Working with alternative belief systems (e.g. cultural or spiritual perspectives)
- Applying this learning within the workplace
We keep class sizes small to maximise the opportunity for discussion & reflection.
We require applicants to have attended our Level 2 module or Group Facilitation Training prior to attending this course.
This course is free to people within Greater London. Those outside Greater London can book a place for either £90 (reduced fee for voluntary sector organisations) or £120 (full fee for NHS, statutory and/or commercial organisations). If you are from a small voluntary sector organisation outside of Greater London, are committed to providing support for young peopel who hear voices and cannot afford a place, please e-mail us to discuss this. If we can help, we will.
Important Information (Please read before booking)
- This course open to people who support children and young people (in a variety of settings) and who have attended either our Level 2 module or our Group Facilitation Training.
- As our courses are often oversubscribed, please only book your place if you are confident you are able to attend for the full day.
- Please answer all questions on booking form as we use these to ensure that attendees are in our target group. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure we have all the information necessary to make this decision. If you apply, but do not appear to work with or support children/young people or do not give us the information we need, we reserve the right to cancel your place. In this event, we will contact you to explain our decision. The project's team decision is final.
- Certificates of attendance will be given out on completion of the workshop.
- Whilst this course is FREE to attendees, we reserve the right to charge a £25 administration fee for non-attendance on this course, unless we receive a cancellation in writing (via email) at least three working days prior to the event. If you are unable to attend, please cancel your place as early as possible. This enables us to offer spare places to people on our waiting list, and decreases the likelihood of places going to waste.
Save This Event
When & Where
Voice Collective is part of MIND IN CAMDEN. Contact Eve, Clare or Rai on 020 7241 8978
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Web: www.voicecollective.co.uk