Actions and Detail Panel
Marketing for Linguists: A practical series of marketing workshops for tran...
Thu 26 January 2017, 18:00 – 20:00 GMT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Most translators and interpreters are aware that marketing can make a huge difference to their business, but they either don’t know where to start, don’t have much of a budget for marketing and/or just don’t have any time for it. The challenge: without marketing it’s more difficult to get clients, and without clients a business is not sustainable.
The Marketing for Linguists sessions will show you effective ways to market your business and help you put together a basic plan of action. You will learn how to create your brand, compete in a global world and run marketing activities alongside your many other responsibilities.
SESSION 1: BRANDING FOR LINGUISTS
You don’t have to be Coca-Cola to take branding seriously. If you offer linguistic services, you have a brand. This session will help you define your brand, give you the tools to manage it and show you how to leverage it to stand out in today’s crowded marketplace.
1. What’s a brand? Brand essence and brand statement.
2. USPs: skills, experience, values, reputation, specialisation, passion.
3. Brand assets: web, blog, video/audio, physical assets, digital assets.
4. Brand boosting: memberships, accreditations, testimonials, image, story, creative.
5. Social media presence: what, how and when.
6. ACTIVITY: list your brand assets. Which ones are working? Which are causing you the most stress? Which are underused/not used at all? Why?
7. ACTION: create your brand statement, brand style guide and brand plan.
By the end of the session, you will:
1. Understand the importance of a personal brand and why you need one.
2. Have a clear picture of what sets your brand apart in the marketplace.
3. Have a plan to define, boost and launch/relaunch your personal brand.
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Alba Sort has over 15 years’ experience in global marketing, most recently as Head of International Marketing at DigitasLBi, a global digital marketing agency part of Publicis Groupe. In her career she has covered areas including marketing strategy, branding, digital marketing, marketing performance management and internal and external communications.
These days she runs her own consultancy, delivers marketing workshops and is a marketing lecturer and CIM tutor for the Chartered Institute of Marketing Diploma in Professional Marketing. Originally from Barcelona, Alba also offers boutique Spanish translation services to clients requiring marketing, technology and online business expertise. She is also a keen linguist and speaks six languages.
Alba has a Master’s in Marketing Management by the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid and the IoLET Diploma in Translation (DipTrans). She is a member of both the Chartered Institute of Marketing and the Chartered Institute of Linguists. She is on Twitter (@albasort) and can be reached at email@example.com.