Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
The British Business Bank, Start Up Loans Company in partnership with Cultiv8 Solutions and CREME, present the Midlands BAME Business Summit 2016.
About the event:
The focus of the event is to generate solutions and recommendations, that will feed into national strategies of support for black and minority ethnic business owners, including new migrants communities.
The event will also explore the historical, present and future issues that affect the financial survival and scaleup opportunities of minority owned businesses, and the impact this will place on the regional growth agenda of the Greater Birmingham region.
Feedback from the day will be help to form a formal Midlands Report that will be presented to central government and the Prime Minister's office at No 10 Downing Street.
Curated and hosted by Joel Blake OBE, the day will consist of:
- Expert talks
- Interactive Question Time style business panel
- Facilitated audience discussion with a cross section of entrepreneurs, business owners and business support organisations from the public, private and third sectors.
MORNING AGENDA - BAME BUSINESS SUMMIT
8.30am Arrivals and Registration
9.00am Formal Welcome
9.10am BAME Business: Setting the Scene - Professor Monder Ram OBE
9.30am Business Panel, facilitated by Joel Blake OBE
- Paul Faulkner, Chief Executive, Greater Birmingham Chamber of Commerce
- Saqib Bhatti, Board Director, GBSLEP and Head of Growing Businesses & Diversity
- Juree Chidwick, Founder Sabai Sabai Restaurant Group
- Martin Levermore MBE, CEO of MDTI
- Merisha Stevenson, Financial Style Radio Host and BBC Academy
- Pushpa Alexander, Founder, Headz Up Business Network
- Neelam Heera, Founder, Cysters
10.45am Refreshment Break
11.00am Speakers Corner:
- Digital Women in Business: Justice Williams MBE, Business Start Up Expert, Founder of Women Who and The New Narrative
- My Story, My Life - Start Up Loans Recipient (tbc)
11.20am Audience Debate - What do WE REALLY need to succeed?
12.20pm Feedback and Recommendations
12.45pm Summary of the day
1.00pm Hot & Cold Buffet Lunch & Networking
2.00pm Event Close
AFTERNOON AGENDA - BUSINESS MASTERMIND SESSION FOR BUSINESS OWNERS.
(by separate ticket registration only)
This Free 2 Hour Mastermind session is a chance for you to learn from other business owners, who will share the benefit of their experience with tips, advice and insights, to help you overcome the challenges that you face in your business!
Delivered by in a peer learning format, you will be given dedicated time to discuss your challenges in a safe, positive and confidential space. You will receive direct feedback and input, to help you decide on what action your need to take to move forward!
2.45pm Mastermind Session
4.45pm Action Summary
- This event is open to all people of any background, but with a primary focus on those from BME communities
- This event will be video recorded
- We reserve the right to the panel being subject to change