Rudy De Waele and Tech.eu invite you to come and listen to some startup pitches, inspiring talks and insightful panel discussions, taste some local Estrella Damm beers and enjoy some of the best networking during #MWC16 and #4YFN. You’ll be in good company – hundreds of mobile innovators, investors and journalists from around the world have already registered for what will be a night to remember!
What to expect?
Renowned mobile industry analyst and Andreessen Horowitz partner Ben Evans will be kicking off Mobile Sunday, followed by a fireside chat between Robin Wauters (Tech.eu) and Brenda O’Connell, Twitter EMEA’s tireless director of business development.
Next up, Zack Weisfeld, the General Manager of Microsoft Ventures Global Accelerators, is stopping by to share his thoughts on the world of corporate accelerators in a fireside chat with The New York Times’ Mark Scott, while Jaunt (and former Flipboard) CTO Arthur van Hoff will share a glimpse of the future of virtual reality in a conversation with TechCrunch’s Mike Butcher.
The inimitable Werner Vogels, CTO of Amazon.com, will be closing the event in an interview with Ben Rooney (Informilo, ex-Wall Street Journal) before we retire for beers and bites at the venue (a brewery) and food trucks that will be lined up outside the conference space.
But before that, we also have exciting panels offering deep dives on global entrepreneurship, developers and investors.
Check the program below to see who will be joining us on those panels; they include the likes of Diane Chang (Facebook), Romain Huet (Stripe), Alice Zagury (The Family), Renaud Visage (Eventbrite), Maoiliosa O’Culachain (NASDAQ), Maria Alegre (Chartboost) Siraj Khaliq (The Climate Corp / Atomico), Andreas Bovens (Opera Software), Rodrigo Martinez (Point Nine Capital) and many more!
Last but not least, we’re featuring a number of exciting startups on stage, includingPhotomath (Damir Sabol), Trip4real (Gloria Molins), Mapillary (Jan Erik Solem) and Preadly(Inma Martinez). We can’t wait for you to meet all of them!
Here’s the full agenda (sorry for the slightly inelegant screenshot – Dropbox link):
Full list of confirmed speakers :
- Werner Vogels, CTO at Amazon
- Brenda O’Connell, Director of Business Development EMEA at Twitter
- Ben Evans, Partner at Andreessen Horowitz
- Renaud Visage, CTO and co-founder of Eventbrite
- Arthur van Hoff, co-founder and CTO of Jaunt, former Flipboard CTO
- Tzahi (Zack) Weisfeld, General Manager Microsoft Ventures Global Accelerators
- Romain Huet, head of developer relations at Stripe (ex-Twitter, Jolicloud)
- Tine Thygesen, Entrepreneurial CEO (Everplaces, Founders House, Triptale)
- Maoiliosa O’Culachain, Business Development Director, Europe at NASDAQ
- Andreas Bovens, developer relations lead at Opera Software
- Stephanie Hospital, founder of One Ragtime, former exec at Orange
- Siraj Khaliq, investment partner at Atomico
- Maria Alegre, CEO of Chartboost
- Rodrigo Martinez, early-stage tech investor at Point Nine Capital
- Melissa Blaustein, founder at Allied 4 Startups
- Kelley Hilborn, ‘startuo guy’ at IBM / SoftLayer
- Gloria Molins, Founder/CEO at Trip4real
- Jonas Drüppel, Founder/CEO at Dubsmash
- Damir Sabol, Founder/CEO at Photomath
- Alice Zagury, CEO of The Family
- Jan Erik Solem, Founder/CEO at Mapillary
- Inma Martinez, founder and CPO of Preadly
- Mark Scott - European Tech Correspondent at The New York Times
- Mike Butcher - Editor-At-Large @TechCrunch
- Doron Myersdorf, CEO StoreDot
- Diane Chang, Head of Mobile Platform Partnerships EMEA at Facebook
- Martin Bryant, Editor-at-Large at The Next Web
- Peggy Ann Salz, Founder & Lead Analyst MobileGroove.com
- Jaime Novoa, Editor, Tech.eu
- Ben Rooney, Editor of Informilo. Ex-Technology editor of The Wall Street Journal in Europe.
Thanks to our hosting partner Estrella Damm, we are able to host you in one of the most iconic places of the city.
NASDAQ Private Market enables private companies to more effectively manage their equity ownership, current and prospective investor relationships, and secondary liquidity for their employees and shareholders. > Check NASDAQPrivateMarket.com for more information
The IBM Global Entrepreneur program offers early-stage companies up to $120,000 worth of credits to put towards SoftLayer Infrastructure-as-a-Service platform that includes dedicated and virtual cloud instances as well as the equivalent amount on our platform-as-a-service solution Bluemix.
A highly scalable, compliant and high performing hybrid cloud environment to build scalable applications. The above offer is in kind, with no long term obligations or contracts. A great offering to help startups keep costs down whilst they scale up! Additionally, the program incorporates a mentorship model where there are a team of dedicated startup technologists who ensure startups using SoftLayer are building successful and scalable infrastructures.
> Contact Jonathan Baillie Strong (email@example.com) for more information
Intercede’s MyID identity and credential management software enables organisations to create and use trusted digital identities for employees, citizens and machines. This allows secure access to services, facilities, information and networks.
> Check Intercede.com for more information
Last-minute sponsors can get in touch with Leen Segers (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Early Bird tickets are sold out now. Standard and Late tickets are available (till we run out) on the Eventbrite site. Two beers per person are included in the registration fee.
Don’t wait until the last minute to book your tickets; the event sells out every year!
You MUST have your ticket(s) at hand at the door.
Be there or be square. See you in Barcelona!
Images credit: Dan Taylor / Heisenberg Media