Open Data can be understood as “universally participatory data”, which is openly shared by government agencies, NGOs, academic institutions or international organisations.
Open Data can be used in Higher Education using real life scenarios, bringing together students, academics and researchers working towards overcoming local and global real problems.
In this way students can develop transversal, research and citizenship skills, by working with the same raw materials researchers and policy makers use, contributing with the society in new and yet-unimagined ways.
The event will be featuring
- Santiago Martín: University College London
- Mor Rubistein: Open Knowledge International
- Leo Havemann: Birkbeck, University of London
- Dr Carla Bonina: University of Surrey
- William Hammonds: Universites UK
- Dr Fabrizio Scrollini: Latin American Open Data Initiative
- Dr Tim Coughlan: Open University