#techgoals - free after-school teacher CPD events to bring tech to life in the classroom
To introduce the #techgoals platform and its wealth of digital curriculum resources, the Tech Partnership are providing FREE CPD for secondary school teachers in the Leeds City Region. As well as an introduction to the platform and all its resources, you'll hear from an employer about local needs for digital skills in the workplace.
The event will include demonstrations and opportunities to explore the following topics:
- Accessing the guides and an overview of the Badge Academy
- Data projects from Capgemini and SAS
- Design projects created by BAFTA/Radiant Worlds, Skylark Creative and AppShed
- Cyber security projects
- Internet of Things project by O2.
Please note: These events are open to secondary school teachers only. Please spread the word to your colleagues.
Please note: All events run from 4PM to 6PM unless stated otherwise.
- Bradford: The Innovation Centre, Bradford Digital Exchange, BD1 5BD - Wednesday 29th March
- Huddersfield: University of Huddersfield, HD1 3DH - Thursday 30th March - 4.30PM to 6.30PM
Click the 'Register' button to book a place on an event.
What happens next?
Once you book, we’ll send you a confirmation email and we’ll also email you your unique login for the #techgoals platform (if you don't already have one), so that you can start to explore the wealth of resources held on the platform.
Following the workshop, you can then take a CPD day away (8 hours) from the classroom before summer term ends – and we’ll meet the cost of supply cover. Use the day to explore #techgoals resources, or even gain a NAACE cyber-aware accreditation.
All you’ll need to provide for your school to claim the cost of supply cover is a signed letter from your head or deputy head confirming (don’t worry – we’ll provide you with the template).
To find out more about #techgoals and to access the platform, please go to www.lcrtechgoals.com.