Toastmasters District 91, The Mayflower Conference 2017
Friday, 5 May 2017 at 19:00 - Sunday, 7 May 2017 at 18:00 (BST)
Welcome to District 91’s Spring Conference and 2017 International Speech and Evaluation Contest Finals!
For the first time ever, District 91’s annual conference will be in historic Southampton from 5-7 May 2017.
The theme is "Mayflower - discovering new worlds".
The Grand Harbour - situated in the heart of Southampton and overlooking Southampton Water - is the perfect setting to welcome our incredible keynote speakers from the "new worlds". Toastmasters International President, Mike Storkey, DTM will be travelling from Australia and 1995 World Champion, Mark Brown plans to journey from America to join us.
This fantastic event includes:
- Keynote Speeches and workshops by Mike Storkey, DTM and Mark Brown
- Communication and Leadership Workshops including:
- Mentoring in the Community with Rob Dewing (Sat)
- Finding Your Gravitas with Voice Coach Carolyn Goyder (Sat)
- Debating with 104 London Debaters (Sun)
- Building Members Through Speechcraft with Phil Gladwell (Sun)
- Getting to the Point with Gavin Meikle (Sun)
- Plotting Your Pathways with Andy Hammond (Sun)
- Council Meeting
- UK South International Speech Contest final (Sat 6th) and Evaluation Contest Final (Sun 7th)
- Mayflower Gala Dinner (Sat 6th)
Finalists will be reimbursed.
Contestants who register will be refunded for the cost of their contest at the given rate if they become a D91 International Speech or Evaluation contest finalist on 5 and or 6 May, respectively.
Discounted early bird rates are available until 28 February.
After that date, the standard rates will apply. Advance bookings close on 30 April 2017. Online bookings are subject to an Eventbrite booking fee.Tickets may be bought on arrival at the "on-the-day" rate, but payment can only be taken by cash or cheque. By booking in advance you save money and avoid delay at check in queues.
- Your Full Weekend with Dinner Ticket includes: two full days of speeches and workshops delivered by experienced Toastmasters with copious tea/coffee and delicious lunches, Council meeting and Leadership elections, a fabulous gala dinner and dance.
- Full Weekend without Dinner Ticket includes: all of the above without the gala dinner and dance
- One Day Ticket includes: The full programme for either Saturday or Sunday including lunch (excluding gala dinner on Saturday)
- Contest only includes: Access to the contest only (International Speech on Saturday; Evaluation Contest on Sunday)
- Dinner only includes: The gala dinner and dance on Saturday evening.
Venue and Accommodation: The venue is the Grand Harbour Hotel, West Quay Road, Southampton SO15 1AG http://www.grandharbourhotel.co.uk/
The Grand Harbour Hotel has offered the following discount rates and accommodation to Toastmasters: Room, bed and breakfast, double or single occupancy: £99/night single occupancy or £109/night double occupancy with free car parking (normally chargeable) though spaces cannot be guaranteed.
Please book directly with the venue quoting “TMI Conference” at: Tel: 023 8063 3033; Fax: 023 8063 3066; E-mail: email@example.com NOTE: You can not book the special rates online - it has to be done by phone (sorry!)
Southampton abounds with hotels and guest houses, should you wish to book alternative accommodation or local attractions for your family or friends, you may want to check the links below. Please note that for families, we have arranged for local guides to take those interested on a walking tour of the Mayflower pilgrims' route at 3.30 pm from the hotel foyer. The guides have keys to some of the the city's secret medieval underground vaults. Cost will be between £3-£5 each, depending on the group size (the bigger the group, the cheaper the price). http://www.discoversouthampton.co.uk/visit and http://seesouthampton.co.uk/works/mayflower-400-southampton/
We look forward to seeing you at this spectacular event on 5-7 May 2017.
Save This Event
When & Where
Toastmasters District 91 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Organisers of District 91, Spring Conference hail from UK South. With over 4,000 members in 150 Clubs across London, southern England and southern Wales, the district is the smallest in the global Toastmasters' portfolio. Despite its small size, District 91 was ranked 4th in the world out of 100 Districts in 2016, receiving the highest possible ranking - a President’s Distinguished District.