Actions and Detail Panel
UK Nanotube Collaborative Workshop
Thu, 23 Mar 2017, 19:00 – Fri, 24 Mar 2017, 16:30 GMT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
The Energy Safety Research Institute (ESRI) at Swansea University is hosting a UK-wide Nanotube Collaborative Workshop on the 24th March 2017. The vision of the Energy Research Safety Institute (ESRI) and Swansea University is “building the bridge to a sustainable, affordable and secure energy future.”
Our keynote speaker will be Marcus Stewart, the Head of Energy Insights at National Grid. “We are in the midst of an energy revolution. The economic, technological and consumer landscapes are changing at an unprecedented rate”. This conference will feature ways that carbon nanotubes will contribute to this change.
During this workshop, we will explore the challenges and opportunities associated with the synthesis and applications of carbon nanotubes for the transport of electricity, and associated technologies for the smart grid of the future. The purpose of this workshop is to:
- Build community, linking interests between industry and academics
- Foment and promote partnerships, and foster research ideas that are relevant to industry
- Establish collaborations with the intention of leveraging future research funding.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Fabrication of electrical cables, and devices, using carbon nanotubes (CNTs)
- Commercialisation of CNT products
- Applications of CNT devices to the smart grid
If you are planning to arrive on the evening before the workshop, we would like to invite you to join us for an informal networking dinner. Make sure to note in your registration if you have any dietary or accessibility requirements.
This will take place at the Waterfront Museum, reception starting at 7pm. Further details will be circulated in advance of the event.
- 8.30 AM Registration and breakfast
- 9 AM Welcome remarks followed by keynote speaker Marcus Stewart
- 11:00+ Manufacturing carbon nanotube wires and devices
- 12:30+ Group photo, lunch, poster session
- 13:40+ Commercialisation of carbon nanotube technologies
- 15:20+ Application for the smart grid
- 16:20 Closing remarks
Note: if travelling by train on the morning of March 24th, stop at Neath and take a taxi, this is faster than coming into Swansea and then taking a taxi to ESRI. Approx 15 min drive from Neath to ESRI.
- Deadline for registration for the networking until spaces filled.
- Deadline for online registration for the workshop March 23rd.
Special Issue of Journal C
Participants are invited to submit an article to a special issue of the journal C, entitled "Carbon-Based Materials for Electrical Power Transmission and Smart Grid Technologies". The aim of this Special Issue is to present solutions to global energy demands using carbon-based materials within the smart grid system, whereby key technical components are improved or replaced by carbon based materials.
Deadline for submission is June 30th, 2017. Indicate your interest when registering for this conference.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please E-mail the conference chair: Alvin.OrbaekWhite@Swansea.ac.uk