WeAreTheCity would like to invite you to join them for an evening of learning and networking
Understanding Unconscious Bias - with Helen Krag, Head of Training, The People Development Team - A WeAreTheCity Careers Club Event
Tuesday 18 April 2017 – 6.00pm – 9.00pm
At Reed Smith, Broadgate Tower, 20 Primrose St, London EC2A 2RS
Don't let bias make your decisions for you!
In this interactive session we will:
- Help you discover your own biases
- Get you thinking about why you like some people and not others and how your decisions are affected by your unconscious
- Consider how important it is for the future of you and your organisation to stay aware and open to this
- Through discussions and some experiments we will help you understand and recognise the effect bias has on your approach to other people
About your speaker
Helen is a facilitator, trainer, coach and speaker. For over a decade she has helped organisations improve performance through their people and has worked with a variety of clients across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors globally.
Helen’s early career was in marketing & sales with companies such as Coca-Cola & Schweppes Beverages and SmithKline Beecham. Helen draws on a sound knowledge of business, and takes a commercial approach, to quickly create clarity and direction for clients. She brings energy and challenge to her learning interventions, with an emphasis on delivering results through behavioural change.
Helen firmly believes that the future for organisations is to develop a more inclusive leadership and create cultures where difference is valued and leveraged for competitive advantage. Through her work in diversity, inclusion and unconscious bias she challenges companies to think differently about how they recruit, retain and develop talent; and she supports diverse individuals to develop the confidence, skills, attitude and belief to step up to more senior roles.
Helen’s training style is engaging, valued by groups and individuals alike, both in face-to-face settings and via virtual delivery.
Unconscious Bias, Inclusion and Diversity, Gender Diversity, Women in Leadership, Leadership Development, Career Development and Impact and Influence.
- 6.00 Registration & Pre-networking
- 6.30 Welcome and Speed Networking with Vanessa Vallely, Managing Director, WeAreTheCity
- 6.40 Keynote session: Understanding Unconscious Bias, with Helen Krag, Head of Training, PDT
- 7.40 Q+A
- 7.50 Networking and canapes
- 9.00 Event close
When & Where
WeAreTheCity is an information portal and networking company aimed at the professional woman working or living in the UK and India. WeAreTechnology is focused on supporting women in technology.