Actions and Detail Panel
VRTGO VR Developer Day March 2017
Thu 23 March 2017, 11:00 – 19:00 GMT
VRTGO Developer Day
VRTGO presents the second UK VR developer day for people working in or studying VR. Hear from technical experts and attend tech surgeries to hone and tone your VR developer skills.
This event will give you more technical insight for programmers who want to be become VR programming experts, or just want keep on top of their game and hear what other people are doing. This will give you a chance to ask questions from the people setting the standards for VR. There will also a chance to try new demos and meet new contacts.
The event will also incorporate a session from the Khronos Group who are discussing VR industry standards. Khronos Group includes leading technology companies such as Samsung Electronics, Sony, Intel and more.
Other Speakers include Dan Gilmore from Atomhawk, talking about ‘Designing VR UI’ and Tom Painter from Bigman, talking about ‘Creating Mixed Reality Video’
Exhibitors include: ARM, The Khronos Group, Coatsink, Samsung Electronics, and many more.
This is a technical day for programmers who want to be become VR programming experts, or just want keep on top of their game and hear what other people are doing. This will appeal to i ndividuals and companies who are working in this space for either game or business applications. It will be super technical, so you will need to be a coder to attend. It won’t be for the feint hearted.
We are very happy to say the Developer Day's headline sponsor is NRG, a recruitment solution company based all over the UK.
The Networking Sponsor is Samsung Electronics, who will be providing free beer and pizza after the show!
11.00 am - Registration
11.30 am - Introduction
11.45 am - ‘Designing VR UI’ - Dan Gilmore, Atomhawk
- As the head of Atomhawk’s UI/UX team, Dan’s diverse talents have been invaluable on an equally diverse range of projects; from mobile games and vending machines to console and PC games.Recently, Dan has had the opportunity to work on a number of key VR titles, producing UI concepts and designs for the likes of Eve: Valkyrie, Rigs: Mechanized Combat League and Play Sage.Dan’s talk will look in to the considerations and principles that govern good VRUI design, with practical examples drawn from a wide range of sources.
12.30 pm - Lunch and expo
13:30 pm - Developing Esper for the GearVR - Coatsink
14:00 pm - Khronos
- Welcome - Alon Or-Bach, Samsung Electronics
- Introduction to the Challenges of VR - Gemma Paris, ARM
- Overview of VR rendering techniques (30min) - Michael Worcester, Imagination Technologies
- Multiview: An overview of benefits and how to use Multiview - Thomas Poulet, ARM
15:30 pm - Tea and Coffee Break
16:00 pm - Panel Discussion - 'How can I get the best use of Khronos API for VR'
Panellists: Olly Nicholson, Unity - Alon Or-bach, Samsung Electronics - Michael Worcester, Imagination Technologies -Ross Furmidge, Coatsink
Chair: Gemma Paris, ARM
16:45 pm - VR Demos – ARM, Coatsink, Samsung - Networking with Pizza and Beer!
Tickets include: refreshments and lunch during the day and drinks and snacks in the evening.
VRTGO LABS members can sign up for free.
Interested in Exhibiting/Sponsoring? Contact email@example.com to find out more.
Are you a student? sign up for £12