An action/reflection event hosted by Goldsmiths’ Department of Theatre & Performance with the support of the Migrant Research Network
Thursday November 3rd 3pm – 9pm
Richard Hoggart Building, Goldsmith’s, University of London
Workshops, Installation, speakers, discussion and reflection.
Feel free to drop in, but please note there will be presentations at 3 pm, 6 pm and 8 pm, in the George Wood Theatre
This event is aimed at students, artists, researchers, activists, NGOs and all those concerned with the discourse around refugees and migrants, post-referendum, and the impending demolition of ‘The Jungle’ in Calais.
The event will:
* Provide opportunities to hear from artists, activists, academics and refugees, and to join with them in discussion
* Reflect on the current situation, Europe wide, and post-referendum
* Reflect on the rise of discourses of fear
* Provide opportunities to meet and discuss with NGOs currently working with refugees
* Develop campaigning opportunities
* Provide space for reflection relating to arts interventions in migrant camps
* Showcase creative outputs
Shabnam Shabazi: Artivist
Raj Bhari: Talk for a Change & Peaceful Change Initiative/Goldsmiths
Installation created by Debora Minà and Mita Pujara, with contributions from artists and activists who have been active in the Calais Migrant camp.