Organised by the Centre for Law and Society in a Global Context (CLSGC).
1. Introduction to the problem of comparative methodology (Maurice ADAMS, Tilburg University & Mark VAN HOECKE, QMUL)
2. ‘Path dependency’ in the methodology of comparative disciplines (David NELKEN (Kings’s College)).
3. Methodology of Comparative Politics (Sean HANLEY (UCL)). Reply by Sionaidh DOUGLAS-SCOTT, Law Department QMUL
4. Methods in Comparative Cultural Studies (Greta OLSON (Giessen/Bonn)). Reply by Jacco BOMHOFF (Law Department, LSE)
In the academic year 2017-18 this workshop will be followed by a series of lectures on the following disciplines (lecturers to be confirmed):
- Comparative Philosophy
- Comparative Religion Studies
- Comparative Linguistics
- Comparative Literature
- Comparative Sociology
- Comparative Anthropology
- Comparative History
- Comparative Economics