Actions and Detail Panel
World Coaching Conference
Fri, 25 Aug 2017, 16:00 – Sat, 26 Aug 2017, 17:00 BST
World Coaching Conference
'The Journey to Elite Performance'
Whether you are coaching high performance or grass roots players, this conference presents a perfect opportunity to develop and challenge your thinking. In addition to world-class coaches and speakers who will present on-court demonstrations and keynotes, we will present findings from our current research projects that focus on both biomechanics of elite performance, and constructs of performance sport. In particular we will explore some of the differences in approaches between Asian and European nations.
Here are some of the speakers we will have presenting at the conference:
- Former Denmark National coach Kenneth Larsen, who is a professor in sport science at Aalborg University, will speak on Developing Anticipation and Deception
- Two former stars of the European and World circuit will also take part. Two-time World bronze and double European gold medallist Xu Huaiwen and World bronze and European silver medallist Pi Hongyan will share their expert knowledge of women’s singles
- Former Scotland international Stewart Kerr, who is an expert in rehabilitation after injury and his theme at the conference will be shoulder injuries among badminton players.
- John Neal, an exercise physiologist and a performance psychologist, will use his knowledge as a performance coach to explore Coaching character for a winning performance
- Mark King, a Senior Lecturer and Reader in Biomechanics at Loughborough University, is an international expert in the area of bowling actions for the International Cricket Council and has worked with the England and Wales Cricket Board over the last 10 years. His presentation will focus on speed and accuracy in the badminton jump smash
- Julian North, a Senior Research Fellow at Leeds Beckett University, has a client list which includes the BWF, UEFA and the English FA in football, and the England and Wales Cricket Board. His specialties are player development, coaching practice and effectiveness, coach development and education, and policy and systems. He will examine effective player development systems in four world leading badminton nations – Korea, Indonesia, Denmark and Spain.
- Loughborough and Leeds Beckett will make presentations on Sports Science Research which has been funded through BWF’s Sports Science Research Grant.
Book before 30 April 2017 to be eligible for the 10% Early Bird discount. Our delegate fee includes two session tickets for the Badminton World Championships (Friday 25 August morning session & Saturday 26 August evening session) , plus a gift bag, refreshments and shuttle transport from the official hotels to/from the conference venue and championships' venue.
- £175 – standard delegate
- £157 – standard delegate 10% discount early-bird offer - book before 30 April 2017
- Badminton Scotland registered coaches will receive a discount, please contact Badminton Scotland in the first instance
Prices are subject to booking fee.
To view our official and recommended hotels please visit our booking agent's website: www.cremeconferences.co.uk/glasgow
We will provide you with information about transportation from the major airports/train stations, accommodation and transport to the Championships' venue in order to make your stay hassle-free so you can enjoy our city and make the most of the excellent speakers we have lined up for you at the conference. This will be emailed to you nearer the time. In the meantime please visit the travel section of our website: http://www.glasgow2017.com/glasgow.aspx
You can opt to be invoiced rather than pay with a credit card, but please note that your place is not guaranteed until full payment is made.
Friday 25 August 2017 from 1600-2100
Saturday 26 August 2017 from 0900-1700