Registered charity number: 303827
All money raised supports the Scout Group, to help with fund raising.
The Group was founded in October 1936 with a Scout Troop of six boys, and due to popular demand, a Wolf Cub Pack was started a year later. The Group was at that time, sponsored by St. Augustine's Church and met at Bishop Perrin School Hall, which at that time was also the Church.
A resolution was passed in 1997 to rebuild our Headquarters by the year 2000. The original builders would never have dreamt that 300 people would use the building on a weekly basis! This usage has taken its toll on the building and the building showed signs of wear. Unfortunately it became clear that it would take far too long to raise the amount needed to rebuild and we had to rethink our plans and refurbish rather than rebuild. The work started in earnest in May 1998 and included a new roof, new, more efficient heating and improved lighting and flooring, yet, within a few short months, we were able to re-use the building for our regular meetings. The official re-opening ceremony took place on 29th November 1998, attended by Derek Twine, Chief Executive Commissioner of the Scout Association.